TKR vs SLZ
Hero CPL T20
10th September 2020 7:30 PM IST
The Brian Lara Stadium, Tarouba
TKR vs SLZ Dream11 Match Prediction:-
So, the stage is set for the final of Caribbean Premier League’s 2020 season. The fact that organizers managed to conduct an event involving players from multiple countries across the globe is an achievement in itself. We will be staring at two of the most clinical teams this season in the grand finale. Trinbago Knight Riders are a T20 machine while St Lucia Zouks have utilized the resources they have to the maximum effect under the eyes of Andy Flower. We will preview the match in our Dream11 fantasy cricket.
Trinbago Knight Riders have played each match this year considering it’s their final. But they wouldn’t want to falter on the day of the actual final. They have unbeaten so far in a streak of 11 matches this year. You can judge the magnitude of a cricket team with this type of run in the most unpredictable format of the game. In the semi-final, TKR didn’t give a single moment of hope to Jamaica Tallawahs. They played the match-ups brilliantly and left-arm spin duo of Akeal Hosein and Khary Pierre ran riot against the right-handed dominate Jamaica batting lineup. Akeal Hosein picked up 3 while Khary Pierre bagged 2 wickets to restrict the Tallawahs to a total of 107 runs in 20 overs. In reply, Sunil Narine went early to Mujeeb Ur Rahman but Lendl Simmons and Tion Webster completed the emphatic win with an unbeaten stand of 97 runs.
St Lucia Zouks have made it into their first CPL final after pipping some of the big teams in their campaign. But knowing Andy Flower, this team would still be aiming for their first title against all the odds. They have upgraded their intensity with each passing match this season. In the semi-final against Guyana Amazon Warriors, they blasted the opposition like no one had imagined. Bowling first, Scott Kuggeleijn rocked the Warriors with a couple of blows in the very first over of the match. Guyana seemed to have never recovered from that as Roston Chase, Zahir Khan and Mark Deyal also scalped 2 wickets each as Guyana Amazon Warriors were blown away at the score of just 55 runs. In reply, St Lucia Zouks didn’t need to look beyond their openers as Rahkeem Cornwall and Mark Deyal finished off the chase in just 4.3 overs to complete the hammering.
In head-to-head comparisons, Trinbago Knight Riders enjoy an upper hand over St Lucia Zouks like they do against most of the oppositions. TKR have taken 11 matches while St Lucia Zouks have managed only 2 wins out of 15 matches played between them including the 2 wash-outs. In last 5 matches, TKR have swept the results with a lead of 4-0. Trinbago Knight Riders have also won both the earlier meetings this year pretty convincingly.
Pitch and Conditions
Light rain showers are forecast for Thursday in Tarouba. However, this spells should not last long enough to endanger the final. If we talk about the pitch, a new strip will be in use for the final game. A good bounce can help both the spinners and the batsmen to up their game. Both the teams would be hoping to finish the season with a run-scoring fest by this year’s standards but there will be significant help for the slower bowlers in any given circumstances.
Head to Head (Last 5 games)
Trinbago Knight Riders: 04, St Lucia Zouks: 00, NR: 01
TKR vs SLZ Dream11 Team Prediction
Let’s take a look at the expected playing XIs for both the teams in today match prediction.
Trinbago Knight Riders Squad
Kieron Pollard (C), Lendl Simmons, Sunil Narine, Colin Munro, Tim Seifert (wk), Darren Bravo, Dwayne Bravo, Fawad Ahmed, Sikandar Raza, Khary Pierre, Ali Khan, Anderson Phillip, Amir Jangoo, Tion Webster, Akeal Hosein, Jayden Seales, Pravin Tambe
Trinbago Knight Riders Team News
- Trinbago Knight Riders will not disturb their playing XI unless any injury at the last moment.
- Sunil Narine will be opening with Lendl Simmons, who has found his touch towards the business end of the season. Tion Webster again showed his potential in the semi-final chase against Jamaica Tallawahs.
- Darren Bravo has been exceptional this year in the middle-order while Tim Seifert will be used as a floater in the batting lineup. Kieron Pollard will be pushing the bar again in the death overs while Dwayne Bravo has got limited opportunities with the bat this year.
- The spin trio of Akeal Hosein, Khary Pierre and Fawad Ahmed will again have some right-handers to work over while Ali Khan will be their only specialist in the pace-bowling department.
TKR Playing 11 (Probable)
Tim Seifert (wk)
Kieron Pollard (C)
St Lucia Zouks Squad
Daren Sammy (C), Rahkeem Cornwall, Andre Fletcher, Leniko Boucher (wk), Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Kavem Hodge, Roston Chase, Chemar Holder, Kimani Melius, Kesrick Williams, Zahir Khan Pakteen, Obed McCoy, Javelle Glenn, Saad Bin Zafar, Mark Deyal, Scott Kuggeleijn
St Lucia Zouks Team News
- Just as their rivals, St Lucia Zouks are also likely to go in with the same playing XI from their semi-final match.
- Rahkeem Cornwall has had a relatively quiet season this year and he will be looking to correct it when it matters the most. Mark Deyal will be oozing with confidence after his semi-final performance while Andre Fletcher will remain their number 3 for the final.
- Roston Chase, Mohammad Nabi and Javelle Glen will be their all-rounders and will provide much needed balance to the Zouks. Najibullah Zadran will remain the only specialist batsmen in the middle while Daren Sammy would hope to put on a special one for the St Lucia public after a disappointing season individually for him.
- Scott Kuggeleijn and Kesrick Williams have played important roles to complement the spinners while Zahir Khan did come back strongly after a poor start to the season.
SLZ Playing 11 (Probable)
Daren Sammy (C)
TKR vs SLZ Dream 11 Prediction Today Cricket Match
|Batsmen||Darren Bravo, Lendl Simmons, Rahkeem Cornwall, Mark Deyal|
|All-rounders||Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Mohammad Nabi|
|Bowlers||Scott Kuggeleijn, Akeal Hosein, Ali Khan|
Captain Picks For Small Leagues
For Grand Leagues
Who will win TKR vs SLZ Today Match Prediction?
|As per our Dream11 predictions, Trinbago Knight Riders are overwhelmingly favourites in this final against St Lucia Zouks. TKR have displayed every bit of their potential on the paper to the playing field. Clearly, it will take something special from the opposition to stop this Trinbago Knight Riders juggernaut. And St Lucia Zouks would love to do that just for their fans back home. Remember, funny things do happen in championship finals and especially in this format.|